Wednesday, August 3, 2011

thanks Goodwill!

Now, remember that white framed height measurer thing-y I found at Goodwill yesterday?


Well, today i spent a little time and used a little elbow grease to transform it into this....



I sanded down the main frame and removed the insert so I could paint both pieces.
Now, I am loving chalkboard paint, so when i saw this piece, I thought...hey!  that would make a great
piece to hang above my slider doors and each season i could change the message!
Well, it DID turn out to be a chalkboard, but I think it will be going in the boys room.
After sanding the frame and paint washing it with apple green acrylic folk art paint, I distressed it
with my much loved brown ink pad.  Another quick sanding to add some more distressing and the frame was ready to go!




It still needed something and since it was now going into the boys room, I searched through my scrap stash -and found these Mom-isms rub on's.  I had just enough to run around the whole frame. 


A little eye screw was added to hang the chalk from...and oh!  I forgot!  I sanded and painted the insert using chalkboard paint!  It took about 4 coats with a quick sanding in between coats to make it smooth.

Here's Ms. Emma trying it out!



She's such a super artist!

I really like how this turned out...and it just proves that you can transform even the simplest thing into something cool for your home!


Enjoy!

Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the love!