Monday, August 15, 2011

really? Mayo??

I had a hankering for some blueberry and apple crisp on Friday so I searched through some recipes sites and found an interesting combo for the crumb topping for them both...mayo!  I was a little skeptical, but they turned out delicious!  a little tangy and sweet!



the blueberry was more of a hit here at home...but the apple was good too!

****************

Art by Emma



please note everyone is wearing pink...love the faces!!

*************************

Dreaming of my garden site...



this is where my garden spot will be.  have to take my soil samples to the
co op this week too!

***********************

Jacob's Homework:  Family Tree
Brooklet Elementary School

Jacob had to make a family tree (ours had to be BIG) for a school project on Friday.
We had to choose a type of tree and tell how it related to our family.
Now, of course, I was picking some kind of nut tree because we are really all nuts, but i thought the teacher would give me a frowny face on that one!
We chose a banana tree because we like to MONKEY AROUND!
Everyone decorated their banana and then we stuck them to the tree.
another fine Frazier artwork!


************

Nature walk:  Trees in our yard

Emmy and I took a litle backyard nature hike last week and picked a leaf off of each tree in our yard.
We had all different types and will be working on a little book this week about it.
Cute!



*************************

happy day!

sue

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the love!