Thursday, August 11, 2011

letting go

“Letting go doesn’t mean we don’t care. Letting go doesn’t mean we shut down.




Letting go means we stop trying to force outcomes and make people behave.



It means we give up resistance to the way things are, for the moment.



It means we stop trying to do the impossible–controlling that which



we cannot–and instead, focus on what is possible–which usually means



taking care of ourselves. And we do this in gentleness, kindness,



and love, as much as possible.”



~Melody Beattie

 
 
I found this wonderful little manta on  Rhythm of Home which is a delightful blog celebrating ...well, you just have to go check it out.  It's chock full of insights and little ideas.  I found myself there this mornig, after sitting for a spell on my back steps watching the sun rise over the treeline. Observing the chickens pecking and scratching about in the yard.  Listening to the squirrel rustling around in the trees.  I remembered being small, the woods around my  house a mystical playground, imaginary friends and creative play.  It's so easy to get caught up in the busy world around us and forget connections to family, friends and nature.  But when you re visit it, it's inspiring and gives your heart a little more warmth.  Puts a smile on your face.  Makes you want to just stay there forever and explore.  Enjoy.  But yes, the world beckons you.  Jobs to be done, money to earn.  Responsibilities that maybe we don't need.  Or do we?  Differing opinions will always happen.  But for me , my rhythm will be in my heart and I will follow it.  And let go.  Let go of the things that just don't matter. 
 
 
Blessings...
sue

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the love!