Wednesday, December 8, 2010

thrifting...




 



I love this speckled bowl, it reminds me of a bird egg.



And even funnier, I found this like 1970's era plastic Santa that Jacob just had to have.  69 cents later, it was ours!!



Now, I found this idea yesterday for a shabby garland and fell in love with it. 
I have to find the blog site so I can give proper credit to the original owner
of this idea...(it's junk, something, I have to check!),
I had lots of leftover scraps of fabric and I love the way this turned out!


at first, I had the word "peace" strung on it, but the tags were too large.
Without any, it looked too bare.






So I added smaller tags and spelled out "merry christmas" on one side and used
a stamping up christmas tree on the other side of each tag.  I love, love, love how it turned out.
It's hanging in the doorway of my dining/living room.

Hope you have a fabulous thrifty day too!

blessings.....sue

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the love!