Thursday, July 5, 2012

We don't do that on the kitchen counter.

After a fun-filled afternoon of swimming with the kids, I decided to get to harvesting all my sunflower seeds from the ginormous plants we grew this year. The kids had already bee-lined for the house after our swim, so I was harvesting by myself.  I picked two full buckets of seeds and headed in the  house to show the kids.  I found Jacob and Emma sitting at the computer watching Tom and Jerry, Sam (believe it or not) was just sitting at the counter and Madi was standing on my kitchen countertop. 

{listen, get that horrified look off your face.  I KNOW your kids also climb on your countertops to get to the cookie jar.  Stop lying to everyone}

Me:  "You got a cookie, honey?'

Number 5:  "Water."

Me:  "Water, what water?'.

Number 5:  "It's wet."

Then I see that there's water all over the countertop.  I grab papertowels to start cleaning it up. 

Me:  "Who spilled water here?" 

No answer from Numbers 2-4.

Mid paper towel swipe I realize Madi's in her swimsuit.  Madi isn't potty trained.

Number 5:  "I pee-pee."


xoxo

sue



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the love!